Nov 19, 2009

Post #7: Final Reflection

I got to know this module through the NUS email, though I did not pay much attention to that email, I remembered the module code ES2007S. After all my core modules and FYP topic were finalized, I searched for the information about this module by curiosity. It said that this module would teach students how to write resume and cover letter. Because of this, I bidded for ES2007S on the very last day of the final bidding round. Luckily, I got it.

Still remember the situation when I went to class for the first lesson, the class was not started yet, but I became a little bit panic at that time. I began to think more carefully about this module. As there are no exams for this module, the continuous work is important, and a lot of speaking and writings are expected. I was not sure whether I was prepared for all theses things, and I did not know anybody in the class. Just at that time, Dongfang walked into the class, the only person I know at that time. Though we did not know each other very well before this module, at least I know who she is. We smiled towards each other, and from her facial expression, I could tell that she was also happy to see me here. Naturally, we became the partners for the peer teaching, both of us were nervous to be teachers, as it was the very first time for us. Together, we searched the information, did the PowerPoint, argued about the activities, and did the rehearsals and presentation. Through the process, we learnt a lot and we got know each other better.

I did the proposal and presentation with Van and Dongfang. We had some problem regarding to the meetings, as all of us have very tight schedules, Van and I are final year students, and Dongfang got 7 modules. However, we still tried our best to do the project, and everyone put her effort in it. There are still numbers of emails in my NUS mail box, from the very first meeting to the preparation for the presentation. No matter what happened during the process, finally, we made it. I want to say thank you gals, and I am happy to work with you.

I like this module, and I really learnt a lot from the module itself, from my partner, from my group mates, and from the whole class as well. This module is quite different from the rest of modules that I have taken. It is the first time that I know the names of the whole class, and we can talk to each other to change ideas both in class and after class (through blogs). Now it comes to an end, I wish I could know this module earlier so that I could take it in the previous semesters instead of in my final year. I skipped classes for three times due to other modules, and I wish I would not...

Finally, I want to say thank you Brad, you are very nice and patient, and you are a great teacher. For other modules, I do not have chance to talk to teachers besides academic things. Thanks to the special curriculum of this module, I got the chance to share ideas in class and through blogs with you like friends did.

Best wishes to all of you.



P.S. I know I missed the deadline due to some personal reasons, and maybe nobody would read this post anymore. I still want to post it to make myself feel complete.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Rachel, for this comprehensive and heart-felt post. I really appreciate the fact that you were willing to enter this course without knowing anyone and to persist with all the assignments. You and your various group mates did a good job collaborating and achieving success.
    As I've said, I really appreciate the challenge that anyone whose native language is not English doing their best with the work in this course. I can't imagine giving a 20-30 minute speech in a language that I'be only learned as a student. Wow!

    In any case, you did the work and now we're done. Thank yu again for your hard work and best of luck in your future!

    ReplyDelete